Harm Reduction Victoria (HRV) has a fantastic employment opportunity to join our small team. We need a dynamic person to fill the role of Administration Manager and run our office in North Melbourne.
Position Title: Administration Manager
Employment Status: Permanent Part Time
Hours per Week: 30.4 hours (0.8 EFT)
Geographical Location: Nth Melbourne
Award Classification: (SCHADS Award 2012) Social and Community Services Employee Level 2-3
Salary: TBN (based on experience &/or qualifications)
HRV provides good working conditions and flexible hours of work
Harm Reduction Victoria (HRV) is a peer-based, not for profit organisation which works to advance the health and human rights of people who use drugs in Victoria. HRV specialises in peer education, peer support and peer advocacy. HRV was established in 1987 as part of the community response to the threat of HIV/AIDS among people who inject drugs. Today HRV operates a much broader range of programs to address the needs and concerns of the drug using community.
HRV operates within a harm reduction framework and all our programs are provided in a non-judgmental manner. It is essential that the Administration Manager reflects this approach and conducts him/herself in a non-judgmental and respectful way at all times.
Purpose of Position: To ensure that HRV meets its accountability requirements and other obligations by ensuring that systems, policies and practices are in place and by providing administrative support to the Executive Officer and the HRV Board and staff. The Administration Manager is responsible for the smooth running of our office in North Melbourne and for the administrative and organisational management of HRV. The Administration Manager is also responsible for human resources management and the provision of support to the EO and the Board and other Committees/Working Groups
If you think you are person we are looking for, please email your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and CV to JennyK@hrvic.org.au, copy into your email application email@example.com, and use the subject heading ‘Administration Manager position’. Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than by COB Monday 29 February 2016. You must address the Key Selection Criteria in order to be considered for an interview. Thank you.
Closing Date: 29/02/2016
Contact Person: Jenny Kelsall (EO)
Office PH: 9329 1500 MOB: 0439 655 734
Position Description – Administration Manager
1. Position objective: To ensure that HRV meets its accountability requirements and other obligations by ensuring that systems, policies and practices are in place and providing admin support to EO and other HRV staff.
2. Principal responsibilities
To oversee the human resources, organisational, and administrative operations of HRV.
– Manage office administration and reception
– Maintain all relevant policy and procedures
– Manage all contractual arrangements, e.g. leasing, insurances, commercial suppliers, etc.
– Monitor payment of accounts, including membership fees
– Supervise all compliance matters e.g. GST, Work Cover, Superannuation, etc
– Other administrative duties as directed by EO
– Manage the organisation’s Human Resources/people & culture
– Develop and maintain effective HR policies and procedures
– Ensure that all staff contracts comply with legal requirements and that the organisation’s personnel obligations are met including Superannuation, Work Cover, OH &S, etc.
– Assist with development and maintenance of up to date OH&S policies and procedures and monitor compliance with OH&S requirements
– Provide professional advice and guidance on industrial matters, including award interpretation, dispute resolution, etc. as required
– Monitor and maintain HRV’s risk management policies and procedures and conduct an annual risk audit
– Contribute to internal budgeting processes in conjunction with EO and accountants
– Maintain an asset register
– Maintain membership database
– Process annual membership applications and renewals
– Oversee implementation of membership strategy
Support to the Board and other Committees/ Working Groups
– Coordinate preparations prior to Board and other meetings;
– Prepare agenda and other Board papers with EO and circulate prior to Board meetings.
– Take and circulate minutes on behalf of the Board at board meetings
– Maintain Board and central files
3. Key relationships.
– Respective HRV Program Managers/Coordinators
– HRV treasurer
– Commercial Suppliers
– Relevant compliance authorities
– Banking and other financial institutions
– New and existing members (individual and organisational)
4. Key selection criteria. (You must address key selection criteria in your application).
1. Well-developed organisational skills, including evidence of efficient administration management.
2. Capacity to develop appropriate systems and processes in the following areas: human resource management, OH&S, and risk management.
3. Demonstrated experience in financial planning and reporting and operational management.
4. Demonstrated initiative and ability to action work and follow tasks through to completion.
5. Recent experience in an autonomous position, and ability to work as part of a team.
6. Previous work experience in not-for-profit, non-government and/or community sector.
7. Alignment with the philosophies, principles, and ethics of Harm Reduction Victoria.
8. Relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. Diploma of Business Administration
9. Current Victorian driver’s license