General Practitioners & Prescribers
This section has been created to be a one-stop shop for pharmacotherapy providers. We have all the forms available for GPs (including permits, resources & links to research & documents of interest etc)
How PAMS Can Help General Practitioners & Prescribers PH: 1800 443 844
PAMS is funded to work on any pharmacotherapy, client-related issue or concern. PAMS provides short-term case management until the primary problem or issue of concern has been resolved. Please note, we do not work with patients who are on other S8 opioids – unless they wish to start a pharmacotherapy program.
GP’s can contact PAMS or refer a pharmacotherapy patient if:
- You feel it is essential to start a patient on the program today, however they do not have the money to pay for the first dose or few doses (PAMS can often help with this)
- You have a patient who is re-starting a program and you are unable to locate a dispensing point (possibly due to a poor track record in terms of payment or behaviour, or because there are no vacancies or because there are no service providers where the patient resides)
- You have had to terminate a patient from your pharmacotherapy program and you would like PAMS to source a new GP prescriber
- You have a pharmacotherapy patient who informs you that they are not able to continue dosing at their current pharmacy (for whatever reason) and a new dosing point needs to be sourced asap
- You have capacity to take on more pharmacotherapy patients
- You are retiring or leaving your current practice and need to find vacancies with other GP prescribers for some of your pharmacotherapy patients
- You have a problem with a specific pharmacotherapy patient or group of patients (that has not been mentioned above) and you think we might be able to help
- You have a patient or number of patients who are express concern about an aspect of their pharmacotherapy program and you feel this needs to be reported
- You would like an independent third party (PAMS worker) to help negotiate a treatment agreement for a patient who has been difficult to manage in your clinic
If you have a pharmacotherapy client related problem and you are unsure how we can help, give us a call. If we can’t assist, we will point you in the right direction.
PAMS operates 10AM to 6PM, Monday to Friday via a state-wide 1800 telephone number PH: 1800 443 844 . An answering machine is available to take messages after hours or if the phone is engaged.