The ‘Pharmacotherapy, Advocacy, Mediation and Support’ (PAMS) Service.
PH: 1800443 844.
If you are in Victoria and you are experiencing any kind of trouble with your current pharmacotherapy program (Methadone, Suboxone etc.), for example;
• you can’t get a dose or a number of doses
• you have been told to get a new prescriber or pharmacy due to a problem
• you feel you have been discriminated against or treated unfairly by your pharmacist or GP
• Are thinking of starting or resuming a pharmacotherapy program and have any questions or there is a problem or concern
• Are traveling inter-state or overseas and are on a pharmacotherapy program and need more information
• Are a prescriber or dispenser in need of information or advice, on ANY client related issue or concern
If any of the above issues concern you – Call PAMS – PH: 1800 443 844
We Can help. All calls are entirely confidential. PAMS is a free, government-funded service.
IF you are transferred to the message bank, this means we are on the phone so please leave us a message with your name and contact number & we will get straight back to you ASAP.
Please note that our free-call number is NOT free from mobile phones. If you are calling from a mobile, let us know and we will call you straight back.
HOURS OF OPERATION – PAMS is open from 10am – 6pm, Mon – Fri.
All calls received after-hours may be left on our answering machine. We endeavour to respond to every call within 24 hours. (48 hours over weekends).
Calling PAMS from inter-state? PH: 03 93291500
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Email inquiries MAY take up to 72 hours for a response as we prioritise telephone inquiries, so if the matter is URGENT – PH: 1800 443 844
Statewide Pharmacotherapy Advocacy Services
If you are not in Victoria and you have a problem with your program, your local your state or territory drug-user organisation may be able to help you. These may be located via the AIVLwebsite or by phoning AIVL (National Drug User Organisation) on 02 62791600.
The statewide pharmacotherapy advocacy services similar to PAMS are as follows:
QLD – Queensland Pharmacotherapy Advocacy Mediation & Support Service (QPAMS) PH: 1800 175 889 – a program of the Queensland Drug User Organisation (QUIVAA)
WA – Opiate Replacement Pharmacotherapy Advocacy and Complaints Service (ORPACS) PH: (08) 9321 2877 – a program of the WA Drug User Organisation (WASUA)
NSW – MACS PH: 1800 642 428 – a program of Rankin Court (public clinic)
PAMS Short Cuts :
Family & Friends
General Practitioners (GP’s)