FRIDAY OCTOBER 14th 2016
Harm Reduction Victoria proudly presents:
DRUG LAW REFOR(U)M – PUTTING THE “U” IN DRUG LAW REFORM
Date: Friday 14 October
Time: 12noon – 4:00pm
Venue: Library at the Dock , Performance Space, 107 Victoria Harbour Promenade, Docklands, Melbourne VIC
Harm Reduction Victoria (HRVic) presents a stimulating forum focusing on the upcoming Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into Illicit and Synthetic Drugs and Prescription Medication. Celebrated health and human rights professionals, academics and politicians will join with Victorians who use drugs to highlight opportunities the Inquiry presents for drug law reform, drug policy and service delivery changes.
Our eclectic line up of speakers are:
- Jenny Kelsall Executive Officer HRVic
- Robert Richter QC
- Professor Alison Ritter, Drug Policy Modelling Program (DPMP), National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), UNSW
- Helen Barnacle, Psychologist
- Fiona Patten MP, Australian Sex Party
- Dr Monica Barratt, DPMP NDARC UNSW
- Colleen Hartland MP, Victorian Greens Spokesperson for Health and Mental Health
Forum topics will include:
- Alternatives to, and the repercussions of, criminalisation
- The importation and use of global harm reduction and demand reduction evidence-based practices
- Weakened harm reduction strategy funding vs aiding and abetting overdoses and the transmission of blood borne viruses: a juxtaposition
- Pharmacotherapies: what are our options?
- Pill testing phenomenon; and where to from here?
- Marijuana: legal and free?
Reserve your seat NOW! Tickets are extremely LIMITED.
HRVic Individual and Organisational Members are FREE*
*Due to the limited seating and high demand, HRVic Organisational Members are limited to 2 tickets per org.